Wednesday 11 May 2011

Categorization

After finding loads of amazing things I wanted to include in my magazines I got somewhat confused as to exactly what it is I wanted the magazines to do. So I decided to categorize my finds. This was hard in its self and I came up with many possible outcomes:

Fashion
Architecture
Illustration

Lifestyle
Technology
Inspiration

Visual
Technology
Lifestyle

Useful
Useless

The final two categories seemed to sum up my findings pretty well.

Useful - product design, new technologies.
Useless - art and design that doesn't serve a purpose but to look nice.

Now to decide weather I go with these two ideas (useful and useless) or I discard 'useless' and focus more on the purposeful and life changing design...?

If I were to discard the useless findings and only use the 'useful' findings (this is getting confusing now) what would those categories be like within 'useful'?

Useful
Home
Work
Leisure

I would need to collect ALOT more resources to be able to fill the three magazines if I were to use these categories.

I will stick with the idea of useful and useless however I will need to tweak the names because no designer is going to agree to put their work into a magazine named 'useless'! However, these two names give me a stronger direction and idea of the contents of the magazines.






No comments:

Post a Comment